Hi all a couple of days ago I decided to make cupcakes because i thought i would give baking a go and because everyone else was posting really nice cupcakes and cookies.i didn’t actually think these cupcakes would taste nice because every time our family tries to make cakes it always ends up going in the bin. So i didn’t have any hope whats so ever. But i made them decorated tried them and omg did they taste amazing it was unexpectedly incredible!! Below is a recipe of how i managed to accomplished it 🙂
140g butter , softened
2 beaten eggs
11tbsp self-raising flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
140g butter softened
280g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
few drops of food colouring of your choice ( i did , blue , red , and white)
- So first i preheated the oven as your supposed to do , to 190 degree Celsius line two 12 hole bun tins ( cupcake tins ) with 12 paper cases.
- place the butter and the sugar in a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy , then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the eggs , then sift in the flour and FOLD the mixture
- put the mixture into the cases and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- beat the butter in a large bowl until soft , add in half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of the milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in the milk if its necessary to “loosen” the mixture.
- Stir in your choice of food colouring until well combined
when the cupcakes are completely cooled then place the buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a small star nozzle and pipe the buttercream on each cupcake. Now what i did was i made my cupcakes into surprise cupcakes so there would be a special treat inside in my case all i had was sprinkles so sprinkles in was! I made a hole in the center of cakes and poured the tiny beads in. Then i piped my cream over it.
As i went along piping my cakes i put them in the fridge to cool because they were started to melt. After everything was completed and the cakes were chilled i started to add the toppings.My toppings were chocolate sprinkles , and hundreds and thousands , cocoa powder , lime zest and strawberries.